HR Coordinator – Glenstone Museum
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting the full cycle recruitment and on-boarding process, creating and maintaining personnel files and providing general administrative and project support.
This new position will have a major role in recruiting for over 35 positions in 2017. Additional support will be lended to our Visitor Experience Department to help coordinate professional development programs for the Emerging Professionals Program.
- Support the HR Generalist in managing the recruitment process by posting and monitoring job openings, scheduling on-site interviews, phone and email correspondence with candidates, and note-taking in interviews as requested.
- Create records for new hires and enter required position and benefits data in the PayChex Human Resources Information System in a timely manner. Update and maintain employee data in PayChex as requested.
- Prepare and distribute employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other new hire documents. Obtain necessary approvals and signatures.
- Initiate and track pre-employment screenings.
- Receive and track receipt of new hire documents. Follow up on missing forms and/or information. Ensure that all required paperwork is received according to established deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain organized personnel files for employees, while ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
- Provide administrative and project assistance to the HR Generalist. Administrative support includes regular maintenance and audit of the electronic and paper files.
- Distribute and maintain tracking of annual mandatory benefits notices, and federal and state employment posters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or another related field
- 1- 2 years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion Excellent customer support skills
- Extreme attention to detail, with the ability to independently and proactively planwork tasks in advance
- Knowledge and proficiency in using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,SharePoint, and Visio)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to be both self-directed and collaborative, as appropriate to thetask or project
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification *Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Glenstone offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and provides a total benefits package that helps you manage your health, protect your income, and prepare for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; life, long-term and short-term disability and AD&D insurance, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA); a 401(k) retirement account with a matching contribution; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and tuition reimbursement.
Submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a list of three professional references to the Glenstone Jobs Portal.
About the Glenstone Museum
Glenstone is an art museum located on more than 200 acres of rolling hills and unspoiled woodland in Potomac, Maryland that is open to the public free of charge. Conceived by founders Mitchell and Emily Rales on their deeply held belief that art is essential to life, it has already become one of the nest collections of modern and contemporary art in the world.
By thoughtfully integrating the power of art, the energy of architecture and the serenity of landscape, Glenstone is both a distinctive idea and a unique place. Glenstone believes that meaningful encounters between people and art begin with direct engagement. Its contemplative surroundings allow visitors- whether interested novices, passionate collectors or learned scholars - to not just view the art but to experience the art. Glenstone is a sanctuary where people can reconnect with their senses, awaken their intellectual curiosity and draw their own meaning from the artwork and the environment.